Survey: Unprotected sex common among teens
On average, girls lose virginity at 15; some are having sex at school
By Laura T. Coffey
updated 2 hours, 20 minutes ago
Parents, brace yourselves: The survey results are in, and you may not like what they reveal about girls and sex.
More than 10,000 teenage girls and young women took part in an anonymous survey over the summer on TyraShow.com, the Web site of “The Tyra Banks Show.” Survey questions focused on sexuality, sexually transmitted diseases and teen pregnancy, as well as drinking, drugs and violence among females. Here are some findings from the survey:
* On average, girls are losing their virginity at 15 years of age.
* 14 percent of teens who are having sex say they’re doing it at school.
* 52 percent of survey respondents say they do not use protection when having sex.
* One in three says she fears having a sexually transmitted disease.
* 24 percent of teens with STDs say they still have unprotected sex.
* One in five girls says she wants to be a teen mom.
* About 50 percent acknowledge that they’ve hit someone.
One out of three teens has tried drugs.
Tyra Sex Survey – Read More Here