Single on New Year’s? Join the club. Because December is the #1 month for breaking up, plenty of people are single for this party-hearty holiday. Whether you want to head out with friends, hook up with a stranger or meet your next big conquest, New Year’s Eve is actually a good time to ride solo. Embrace your single freedom and welcome a fresh start with these ten tips:
1. Call your friends! Couples on New Year’s Eve are boring. Get together with a gaggle of friends instead and paint the town in Champagne.
2. Make a plan. Don’t just assume something fabulous to do will appear on December 31. Find the top party in town and buy tickets in advance so you won’t be disappointed.
3. Wear something amazing. Dress up in a sexy, stylish outfit so that you feel your best. Nothing to wear? Splurge on some new digs in the name of boosted confidence.
4. Try something new. Have you gone to the same nightclub the last few years, or celebrated at the same friend’s house party? Try a different scene, or even a different city this year and shake things up.
5. Set a goal of having fun. All your worries and cares will be there tomorrow. New Year’s Eve is a night to let go and have fun – so make that your #1 priority!
6. But don’t overdo. While you might be tempted to drown yourself in a few bottles of bubbly, restrain your urge to go all out. Don’t start 2014 with puke in your hair.
7. Hang with the fam. Spending time with people who truly care about you is a great reminder to be thankful for what you already have. Plan a quiet dinner or easygoing cocktail party with your parents, siblings or cousins.
8. Allow yourself to stay home alone. Maybe a blow-out party isn’t in the cards this year, and all you want is to stay home in bed with the dog. So do it! Give yourself permission to skip the social scene.
9. Start a new ritual. New Year’s Day is ripe with possibilities. Reset your mind by initiating a new ritual by yourself or with friends. Take a hike, hit the spa, write a poem or meet with your best buds for lunch.
10. Resolve to begin again. There is no better time for starting fresh than at the beginning of a brand new year. Revel your amazing capacity to confidently begin again and leave the past behind. Set your top three goals for the upcoming year.